A-A-L's or Blocks for my truck?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lkfldredneck

HILLBILLY DELUXE!!!
Reaction score
Simple question. i had the tbars backed off, and it had quite a bit of rake. re-cranked them and now it sits almost level without the box. so, once i get the box on, itll be either level, or raked backwards. so, i want the bull stance, rake forward. im thinkin more towards a-a-l's. but of course, theyre more expensive. what should i got with? 2.5" Blocks, or 2" A-A-L's? and if you havent seen my truck, its in my sig and a link to the thread, etc.

cochino12

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'd go with blocks, they wont change the ride quality and you can get them in 1" if that's all you need

SCOTTYINWV

si vis pacem, para bellum
Reaction score
AAL will help with towing/hauling squat and stiffen up the ride.

Blocks will retain oe ride, yet give you axle wrap and seems to wonder on the road a bit more.

I plan on a set of 2" AALs to get rid of my blocks. **** them :nono:

MSCustoms

Its not just a Truck
Reaction score
Instead of aal's i would go with 3/4 ton leafs, i did that and loved it. It added about 1.5 - 2 inches in the rear, helped the squatting issue, and was a direct replacement

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
I have 1.5" blocks and they don't bother me. aal's seem like a pain unless you do a lot of towing or hauling

Ruger_556

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Blocks won't be that bad. Stock F-350's came with 4" blocks vs 2" in an F-250. That and a solid front axle somehow upped the towing capacity by like 3,000 lbs :think: :shrug:

ShadowRejects

I drank the Kingpin koolaid
Reaction score
I have 2'' blocks on my truck for i think 9 months now,,? i love them. no issues

SCOTTYINWV

Reaction score
Instead of aal's i would go with 3/4 ton leafs, i did that and loved it. It added about 1.5 - 2 inches in the rear, helped the squatting issue, and was a direct replacement

Thanks you sir! I didn't know it was a direct swap. Now it's on my list...

lkfldredneck

HILLBILLY DELUXE!!!
Reaction score
i would get some but theyre $200 a piece brand new and no one scraps 2500's or 3500's around here! im probably gonna go with aals
I have 1.5" blocks and they don't bother me. aal's seem like a pain unless you do a lot of towing or hauling
i plan on haulin scrap almost every week so ill need a bit of help.

SCOTTYINWV

Reaction score
Plus your 20 year old leafs are gonna be sagging and the AALs will help with that too...