9C1 cam with stock TBI?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blackdeathmessenger

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
An "880" block may or may not be drilled for the coolant bypass needed on the TBI cylinder heads.

This is a double-drilling, one hole down from the cylinder head gasket surface, at a goofy angle. The other drilling intersects the first one at the bottom, and leads to the water pump gasket surface.

I have the sense that most "880" blocks do not have this double-drilling. I've seen some that do.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

The matching hole on the water pump gasket surface is the reason that SBC water pump gaskets have the extra, smaller hole under the water pump outlet hole.
I am aware of those two passages. I didn't have anything to help my drill bit stay aligned for the one that goes through to the head, but I did drill the one for the water pump. It seems I ended up getting an engine that was from some kind of industrial application. Haven't had any overheating issues even without drilling the one hole