99 tahoe 5.7 crank relearn issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

floridarebel

Reaction score
So i have a 99 tahoe lt 4x4 with 5.7 brand new engine from autozone installed last year during install noticed ears on dizzy was broken so i installed billit dizzy from ebay with new cam positon senson install was no brainer went well no computer adjusments needed. i also lost connection to pcm at port engine wont start from key and lost drn321 light got all this fixed with new steering colmun with new transponder and now have no security light . yes i did a passlock relearn also. engine has crapt out on me only after 12k miles no biggie they warrented there engine now new engine is installed couldnt get it to start so i play with dizzy and timeing seems as if its a tooth off so iget dizzy it fires up np smooth idle so i think ok its fine so i test drive and it falls on its face no power .next thing i did was scan it po1345 was code wich is crankshaft sensor so i change it nope same proplem. then i learn about crankshaft sensor relearn procedre so i took it to my local mechnic and he attemted to to relearn and fail, fail fail says will not get past step of accelerating. and he thinks its still out of time oh and i forgot to mention had to block off that pipe that screws into intake that goes to exhaust due to stripping out threads anyway he also thinks that being blocked off is not alowwing computer to do relearn cause he got a egr code also. anyway then got timeing set again where it idles great and has driveing power but it now is very hard to crank.and he still could not do relearn he now blames it on billit dizzy which i used in old motor and had no problems with other than lost compression in one cyl which now autozone blames not have done relearn procedere on first motor is why it lost compression.im at wits end my mech wants to tear into the timing chain to see if something was installed incorrectly,and or change out dizzy any thories out there im thinking bad pcm /ecm but im boggled btw he was using an snap on touch screen scan tool and he showed me what happens when he tris to procced with relearn any info will be appriciated ty

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Wow that is hard to read.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
If it's throwing EGR codes (or anything else) that might have something to do with it. Not sure. When I did mine there were no codes stored and everything went fine.

chevy tech

Reaction score
Yes if you have any dtc the pcm goes into limp home mode, been a chevy tech for 24 years