99 sierra classic

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DroppedAsAChild

OBS Hoarder
Reaction score
That's nice, also for anyone that doesn't know, the reason there are 99 classic's 1500's is that there was a major GM strike during the time period where the NBS was coming in and the OBS was being phased out, so when the strike started there were a lot of unfinshed OBS still on the assembly line, and more awaiting assembly. So when the strike was over they finished all the obs 1500 1/2 ton truck's they had and badged them as 99's.

That would make sense as to why I have Some NBS parts on my truck. Such as Wiring, Axle seals, my vin reads as a NBS in the dealer computer LOL. Left over parts thats what 99 classic's are. I have my Special " Classic 1500 " badge on my tool box lol

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah if not for the strike there would have not been any 99 1/2 ton obs's, I remember at the time, it was a big flap, there were companies already printing up new catalog's that showed that 98 was the last year for the obs.

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score
Yup. GMC Sierra Classic and Silverado Classic's were both available. My buddie has a silverado classic

His Has a Sierra Grille but its still a Silverado Classic
Looks Like this. Its bagged and bodied on 22's

You must be registered for see images attach

Same parking lights that i have! I should've got the matching headlights, they look great on that truck.

Oh and thanks for the info on the Classics, i had no idea.

NOLA_SoLo

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys! i went out to a show being hosted by a local club on sunday and came out with the best paint award!

NOLA_SoLo

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score

this was from when i first got the rims put on, just thought it was a BA picture
i went and washed a waxed it the other day just for fun

and was at gator drag acouple of weekends ago and made it on truckin's website

i've got some future plans
lime green pinstripe with a design on the tailgate
redoing the purple stripe with i guess marbalizing? laying down cellophane after spraying purple and pulling it up to create a design in the stripe
and awhile back when i first started driving it on stocks i had my left rear blowout doing 70 on the interstate, the
tire wrapped up around the bed and dented the rollpan and a little of the tailgate so i plan on fixing that and some other spots on the truck
just gotta get time to get back in the shop

NOLA_SoLo

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Damn! I havent posted on here in awhile, had to go back like 6 pages to find this, but anyway since gator drag i've dropped the rear another two inches and put the green pinstripe on, then went to another show down here and took 2nd in my class. A couple of weeks after that i parked my truck one night and woke up the next morning for class and found a huge key mark down the drivers side and tailgate, it was down to metal in some spots on the bed. I finally got time and permission to put it back in the shop, and me and my dad have been working whenever we can to fix it all and get it repainted. I was aiming to have it done for pandemonium which is this weekend but just too much work needed to be done and the shop was running low on some supplies so... it didnt get done, but it will! i have pictures just have to put them on my computer. sorry about the novel! pictures will come soon