'99 K1500 Suburban "Storm"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Removed my k&n, replaced with the stock air intake and removed the vortec box, and also removed the lip on the throttle body blade. Honestly, I think the stock is a lot better than the k&n, and throws you back in the seat more too. Im not sure if I want to get a Volant or just stay stock...

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I found the holy grail of gmt400 parts today... The highly sought after escalade/denali rear console cupholder!
You must be registered for see images attach

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Is there any way to make it better? It sits in there kind of flemsy and wants to pop out when folding up/down. Im thinking small bolts with nuts instead of the tabs that go through the ears would fix it. That and maybe some rubber padding behind to help from rattles.

Cokeman95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Is there any way to make it better? It sits in there kind of flemsy and wants to pop out when folding up/down. Im thinking small bolts with nuts instead of the tabs that go through the ears would fix it. That and maybe some rubber padding behind to help from rattles.
I made these brackets for mine (1 per side) because the holes on the console side are broken.

The cup holder is incredibly sturdy now (will hold 2 big gulps no problem). I have it just screwed in currently. When I take the console apart for paint, I'm going to replace the screws with rivets for a more oem look.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Cokeman95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Forgot to mention I cut up an old car cd player sleeve for the material. It's just the right amount of strength and flexibility for this application.

Last edited:

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Forgot to mention I cut up an old car cd player sleeve for the material. It's just the right amount of strength and flexibility for this application.

And you just screwed the metal piece to the ears from the console?

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Im thinking of somehow making it where the pins for the ears are bolts instead, with something like this reinforcing the ears to make it basically a metal hinge.