99 escalade transmission problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nosnitrous

Reaction score
Hi friends. I have a bad loud grinding noise from my transmission on reverse gear sometimes. I found exactly same problem video on youtube. link:
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

This truck is not mine but problem is exactly the same. This problem does not happen everytime. Sometimes and only with reverse gear. What could be the problem. I'm in Turkey and there is not much good transmission shops for our cars in Turkey:) So identifiying problem is very important for me because local mechanics are only part changers here.

Other problem is vibration and rattle on 4th gear especially about 60mph speed. What do you think? Is problem with torque converter or transmission?

My escalade is 154000mile. And I didn't have any transmission problem with my 130000mile camaro ever. But after my escalade transmission has alot of bad symptoms, I'm very angry about 4l60E's on trucks on these days :)
Thanks.