99 c2500 crew cab short bed Fuel tank swap or aftermarket xl tank?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigbuddy2500

Reaction score
I have a 99 c2500, 4 door crew cab 2wd with a 26 gallon tank. Ive been looking on this forum and Google about swapping to the 34 gallon tank, or if there is a larger aftermarket tank that bolts in. I can't find anything, any information would be much appreciated.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is it a shortbed? My 98 crew cab 2wd has the 34 gallon tank, only reason I can think of for it not to fit on yours would be bed length, and even then it still might.

bigbuddy2500

Reaction score
Its got the short bed, I was hoping because it was a crew cab it used the same chassis as the long bed single cab. I was going to head to the pick n pull Saturday and take some measurements, I'm also hunting for new comfy cloth seats. Ive got the bench and its killing my back.

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It's been asked before, but I'm pretty sure the 38 gallon tank from the CCLB won't fit your truck due to the reduced bed.

I've never wondered about the RCLB (or ECLB) but my guess that won't work either; the frames curve upward behind the cab. So it's not really a wheelbase issue, but a standard vs long bed issue.

Adding an auxiliary fuel tank is probably best option?

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Measure and see.
As far as seats go, any GMT 400 seats will bolt in, some will need holes drilled, but it's simple. There's a thread on here about seat options.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's been asked before, but I'm pretty sure the 38 gallon tank from the CCLB won't fit your truck due to the reduced bed.

I've never wondered about the RCLB (or ECLB) but my guess that won't work either; the frames curve upward behind the cab. So it's not really a wheelbase issue, but a standard vs long bed issue.

Adding an auxiliary fuel tank is probably best option?
Is it 38 or 34 gallons?

bigbuddy2500

Reaction score
Aux tank is an option, just a bit more expensive. Its is less work though. And yeah I know about the seats, im gonna wrap the bench and put it in storage. Its in really good shape.