99 c2500 crew cab short bed Fuel tank swap or aftermarket xl tank?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigbuddy2500

Reaction score
With the goal of trying to fill once a week an aux tank with a transfer pump would probably be best. I drive about 200 to 1000 miles a week, which is why I'm looking for new cloth bucket seats or the 60/40 with a center console. And when this 5.7 vortec quits I'm about 90% sure im going to swap in a lq4 without afm or rebuild one with an afm delete kit. I'll look for a post about the swap, off the top of anyone's head, will the 4l80e from my truck work with a lq4 ecm? or would I need new sensors? I dont mind modifying the harness to plug and play so long as there's no issues with the electronics

bigbuddy2500

Reaction score
Plug and play with some modifications to the wiring harness? Will likely splice the old one with the new one with the lq4 ecm/ harness. Is lextech still active? I was watching some YouTube videos and he is usually mentioned as a source of good information

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Plug and play with some modifications to the wiring harness? Will likely splice the old one with the new one with the lq4 ecm/ harness. Is lextech still active? I was watching some YouTube videos and he is usually mentioned as a source of good information
Get a complete engine/ECM/wiring harness from a 2500 SUV/truck or 2500HD+ truck. No messing with wires or splicing.

Edit: you are thinking you could keep and modify your existing wiring...not sure I've seen it done that way. Not sure on that...

Last edited:

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Is lextech still active?

He is, here's his thread on the 0411 PCM swap. If you click on his user name you can send him a message.

https://www.gmt400.com/threads/12200411-pcm-swap-for-1996-to-2000-gmt400-trucks.9644/

Edit: you are thinking you could keep and modify your existing wiring...not sure I've seen it done that way. Not sure on that...

Lextech sent me a spreadsheet for swapping an LQ4 into my red '97 a couple years back. Been a while since I've looked at it but I think you can keep a lot of the existing wiring and re-pin it to the 0411 PCM.