99 Burb, want to change to 07 Burb seats...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

whytry

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can this be done without a ton of fab work? I am looking at changing over from grey to black seats. Ideally buckets up front, captains chairs middle row and bench as 3rd row. Can this be done without major fab work? Drilling new holes in for the inner portion of the captain's chairs on either side is easy, but trying to avoid having to build all new tracks etc..

Thanks!

mattbrat004

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Should be possible. Id make sure the 07 seats arent too wide. As long as you get everything to mount the new seats to the body i dont see why it wont work. Also keep in mind some 07 seats are heated/electric controlled adjustments etc... if you wanted to use those you would need to do some wiring. Don't quote me though... ;)

whytry

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
great! I was hoping it would be pretty straight forward.... Since I'm getting a carpet kit for this beast anyways I thought while I'm at it, might look into swapping the seats..

obxjake

Reaction score
Hmmmm....watch ou.....I tried 1994 to 2002....and not same bolt pattern...can always make adapter plate.....

Kingjames

Reaction score
Can this be done without a ton of fab work? I am looking at changing over from grey to black seats. Ideally buckets up front, captains chairs middle row and bench as 3rd row. Can this be done without major fab work? Drilling new holes in for the inner portion of the captain's chairs on either side is easy, but trying to avoid having to build all new tracks etc..

Thanks!
Lots of fab work I have swapped a variety of seats and none of them will bolt right up 94-99 99-03 03-07 none without fab work and a couple new holes in the floor

BoxerPitMix

Chris
Reaction score
They are far from a direct bolt in. I looked into this a lot when I had my Yukon. The front seats don't look like they'd be too bad if you're not afraid of a little fabrication. The floor plans are completely different. I don't know about the rears... I ended up finding a clean set of Denali seats and went that route.
Most of the swaps you'll find when searching are in pickups. From what I gather you can drill holes in the floor and bolt them in, but they lean way too far forward and home made brackets are needed for the front.

You may want to read through this thread:
http://www.gmt400.com/threads/88-98-bucket-seat-alternatives.796/

Last edited:

whytry

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks for the additional info! That's thread is a good read!

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I thought there were mid 90s GM buckets that did fit, like something from a Bonneville or whatever.