99-07 HD hood on GMT400

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DustyNova400

Reaction score
Anyone know where i could get something like this? It would be sick to do that and put it with a chrome work truck grille and metal grille insert to somewhat resemble the 67-72 front styling

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Reaction score
In the picture thats a 08 hd hood. You buy an hd hood and and donor obs hood and cut the cowl out of the hd hood tack it on the obs and bodywork it until it looks right

Sent from my LG-M153 using Tapatalk

PapaGrune

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I want to do that. Folks here said '08 and up hood mated to a GMT400 hood is what you do... A good body shop should be able to do that. Aftermarket, good hoods are not a bad price. $150 up for a steel hood. Salvage yard might be cheaper, BETTER?. only problem with that is the yards want to sell the whole front clip if it's good.. Hood might survive some auto wrecks.

John Wayne

Reaction score
RGV guys love these hoods. Not that that helps, but if you were looking for more photos or people to ask.

drewcrew

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would do those to my k2500, but I don't have the tools, time, or patience lol
Me too but 1) I don't have the place 2) I don't have the knowledge 3) I don't have the experience 4) I don't have body working tools 5) Ditto on patience 6) I don't have the energy 7) I don't have the ambition. BUT I do have the time. The big thing is after 68 years I've just gotten lazy.

Goose 3406

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Me too but 1) I don't have the place 2) I don't have the knowledge 3) I don't have the experience 4) I don't have body working tools 5) Ditto on patience 6) I don't have the energy 7) I don't have the ambition. BUT I do have the time. The big thing is after 68 years I've just gotten lazy.
Forgot about bein lazy lol, ill just wait til someone starts massproducing these things for us. Then I'll be more than willing to buy one