98 z71 sending unit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

97c1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
When i got my esky cluster fixed i brought it to hamps speedo service and what they did was remove the stepper motor and get special grease gun to inject the dampening grease in the motor work perfect and only cost 50$ for them to fix it and replace 3 bulbs

Reaction score
back to the pump and sending unit matter, should you wanna replace one or the other, replace them both. its so worth it in the long run. and heres the kicker make sure its grounded to a descent rust free as possible surface. reason being is the guy who sold me the truck had the whole tank and so on replaced, didnt ground it good so six month's after i bought the truck i replaced the pump then another six months later it when again and the sending unit actualy fried this time. id like to save any body from this pain in the ass

Sully

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yeah... dropping this big a tank sucks. Its even worse because of the dumb set up GM used to hold these tanks up.

Some more food for thought. You people who only throw $10 in the tank. Do that at the top of the tank, not the bottom. When you let your tank run that empty for that long, you prematurely wear on the pump. The gas in the tank helps to keep the pump cool. Its bad enough that these pumps have to constantly push 60psi, dont make it do that without ample cooling.

silverado13

GEAR HEAD
Reaction score
nah its not bad at all, just a bolt and a screw, while trying to figure out what was wrong with my truck i had to drop the tank 5 or 6 times