'98 K2500 RCLB 454 NV4500 Daily/Hauler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
That is real nice looking.
Why you gotta take our clean CA trucks outta CA?? :eek:
It's the only good thing we have :D

You also have high taxes, pollution, emissions laws, alot of people, high property taxes and costs... Oh wait, you said good thing lol.

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
So since I didn't think that I would have the truck this soon, I had told the seller that he could post date the title, and ended up going with August 20th, figuring it would take at least that long to get it. However, I believe that there shouldn't be a problem running it on the CA plates since it has the current reg sticker, and just insuring it for the time being.

Jrgunn5150

Reaction score
So since I didn't think that I would have the truck this soon, I had told the seller that he could post date the title, and ended up going with August 20th, figuring it would take at least that long to get it. However, I believe that there shouldn't be a problem running it on the CA plates since it has the current reg sticker, and just insuring it for the time being.

IDK about NY, but in Mi, and OH for that matter, you need to show ownership to get insurance.

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
Not here, I can go online to Geico and insure anything and instantly get a printout showing coverage. I had an old Geo Tracker that I drove around on the previous owner's reg and plates with my insurance for a few months till they got me the title.

GL1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I never have in Michigan. Just need to call the agent with the VIN and they add it. I've had a few where I bought a vehicle after they close on Friday night or on Saturday and wanted to use it over the weekend. I just call and leave a message on their machine and they'll cover it. Never had a claim while doing this but I have no doubt they'd cover it.

Jrgunn5150

Reaction score
I never have in Michigan. Just need to call the agent with the VIN and they add it. I've had a few where I bought a vehicle after they close on Friday night or on Saturday and wanted to use it over the weekend. I just call and leave a message on their machine and they'll cover it. Never had a claim while doing this but I have no doubt they'd cover it.

Insurable Interest, they'll add it, in good faith. I too have called my agent with a VIN and had vehicles added, they do it in good faith. But, they can deny your claim if you don't own it (legally)

https://www.lexisnexis.com/legalnew...ed-for-coverage-to-apply.aspx?Redirected=true

Jrgunn5150

Reaction score
But, in Justin's case, they would probably cover it anyway if something happened.

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
That is real nice looking.
Why you gotta take our clean CA trucks outta CA?? :eek:
It's the only good thing we have :D

I feel like id rather have a rustbucket and live here in Indiana than have a a rust free truck and live in CA. Plus cali trucks have rediculous emissions. Mine got straight pipes no cats and flowmaster 40s. Cant do that in cali lol