98 chevy 1500 engine issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dougm72

bout 5ft from concrate
Reaction score
Wow can't seem to catch a break I was lowering the intake down over the plastic pen and the on the driver side rear end broke off in the holes. Now could I take a screw and head it red hot and then set it in there and let it cool and pull out? I can't get it needle nose or tweesers

Tinbender59

I AM JUST PLUM CRAZY
Reaction score
one thing you will learn about automotive work is that Murphy generally likes to pay you a visit during the process, and "always expect to give a blood sacrifice LOL
'

try a blow gun "air hose"

Dougm72

bout 5ft from concrate
Reaction score
I don't got a shopvac with that much juice lol its snug I called a guy at gm as well he said heat up a screw and then just put it in there and it will ance it. Well that's not the case now I'm just stumped

Dougm72

bout 5ft from concrate
Reaction score
well the bolt screws in ok now hope the passage is clean. I was hopeing to have "old big two foot" back together and running again buy 7pm today didnt happen lol. what is a good tip to line up the intake with block with out damage lol i dont have very steady hands.

Tinbender59

I AM JUST PLUM CRAZY
Reaction score
To line up the intake with block on first shot

it is not that critical to be exact, it is a cool concept though cudo's for the forward thinking out of the box. i believe that I would upstage you and use 4 studs, then all you have to do is put nuts on it. and we all know that you aint no good with out yur nuts, LOL a little mechanics humor LOL

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GriffisClnCo