97 v6 vortec

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Willy97chevy

Reaction score
What problem are you having? Can you go back to the beginning and explain your problem please? Give us some history or background.

What is the truck? Year, engine, etc.

What were you trying to do? You swapped an engine?

What problem are you having?
I'm having problem with v8 not giving me all 8 cylinders while running.

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes sir I did the v6 to V8 swap but plugged the v8 in and it still runs on 6 cylinders evidently. I can't quite figure it out. Am I missing something?
I see. You should do some basic diagnosis. Check for fuel pressure, check for spark, check for injector pulsing...things like that.

Since you swapped the engine, do you know for a fact the V8 engine didn't have these same problems? What was the history on it?

If you swapped the ECU, I highly suspect it's not because the engine is somehow running on the V6 firing order or something like that.

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Simple question how does a man run the 2 extra injector wires to run all 8 cylinders.? I'm so stumped
The simples thing for a plug and play approach would be to use the engine harness from the V8.

You can make your V6 harness work, but you need the 2 additional injector wiring, and re-pin the wires on the ECU main connector. I had seen a thread on the S10 forum on how to do this. Let me see if I can find it for you.

Willy97chevy

Reaction score
Okay
The simples thing for a plug and play approach would be to use the engine harness from the V8.

You can make your V6 harness work, but you need the 2 additional injector wiring, and re-pin the wires on the ECU main connector. I had seen a thread on the S10 forum on how to do this. Let me see if I can find it for you.
I have a v8 harness in it now. I don't understand why it seems like a miss or something but it runs rough at idle. With foot on break and take off.