97 v6 vortec

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Willy97chevy

Reaction score
Okay I'm new here and I've owned several short wife's and ext cab V8 trucks, but I'm in a delimna now I'm doing a v6 vortec to a v8 vortec swap. I'm done with some important questions: 1st, ecm to the V8 is still making 6 cylinders instead of 8 like it should be ...why????

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I also can't understand that OP is asking. I'm thinking he's doing a V6 to V8 swap. How the ECU controls the additional 2 injectors?

Willy97chevy

Reaction score
Okay I'm new here and I've owned several short wife's and ext cab V8 trucks, but I'm in a delimna now I'm doing a v6 vortec to a v8 vortec swap. I'm done with some important questions: 1st, ecm to the V8 is still making 6 cylinders instead of 8 like it should be ...why????
Shortwide trucks

Willy97chevy

Reaction score
Yes why is the ecm that was supposed to be for the v8 but what else could it be if it's a stock v6 vortec truck? It seems like it just wants to run on 6 or 7 cylinders. What am I doing wrong? And sorry every1 I noticed my post said wives instead of shortwide trucks. ....lol

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What problem are you having? Can you go back to the beginning and explain your problem please? Give us some history or background.

What is the truck? Year, engine, etc.

What were you trying to do? You swapped an engine?

What problem are you having?