97 Sierra K2500 SLE 7.4L - 4" Lift Advice Needed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GeekyRider

Reaction score
Hello GMT400 Community,

I am brand new to the community.
I've owned a 97 K2500 SLE since 2001.
I am FINALLY considering making her MINE.

I am considering changing her stance in one of two ways....block and crank or 4" suspension lift.
I running 265 75 16's on her feet and really want to keep them since I just bought them a month ago.
And unlike my children, I don't intend on buying my truck new shoes every couple of months....feel me?

Anyway, I figured 4" was not too high and I could keep the 265's until she wore them out.
I'm look for sublty...and understatment IS my statment. (I know some of you know what I am talking about)

So my question is this....block and crank or 4" Suspension?
I know, I know, it really is preference, but some input from the guys that have walked the road before me is what I am after.
Wise council is never a bad thing, especially if your droppinig hard earned money on the other end.

Is there a thread here that you can point me to or just offer the info here?
Somebody, that I do not know or trust, told a guy that I do trust, that the only way I was keeping my 265s was to put a 6" Pro (something or another) on her.
But after looking around at some of all ya'lls rides, I think there is another answer to my B&C vs. 4" questions.

Hoping that "other answer" comes with some direction to a MFG or a Part Number.

Thanks folks.....looking forward to sharing some pics once I start...I know the voyeristic tendancy on these forums is high. (hahaha)

GeekyRider

volunteerff21

8 Lug Hoarder
Reaction score
I personally think that a 4" suspension 265's would look a little silly. Right now I have my '96 K2500 with a 2" block and crank on 265's.

You must be registered for see images attach

The tires do look a little smaller in person (the truck is also sitting in 3" deep ruts in those pics), but not enough to where it looks silly. I prefer more of a stuffed look so when tax money comes in I'm going to be getting a set of 285's. If you're going to lift it and keep the 265's, I wouldn't go over 2" IMO. Plus a block and crank is a whole lot cheaper and easier to install than a full 4" suspension lift.

Raptorrider

Reaction score

Here's 265s with the 4inch rough country lift.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LoudnLifted88

Small Block Grim Reaper
Reaction score
don't block and crank it rides like **** do the 4 inch and run the 265s until theyre worn out and then go bigger

TwoPedal98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
^^^^^what he said, I bought a truck that's blocked and cracked and I hate the ride and the front end angles

GeekyRider

Reaction score
Trouble there is Rough Country doesn't make a 4" for the 8 Lug K2500...
....looks good, but not the solution for me.

Thanks for the reply...it's definitely the stance I'm looking for.

98slv

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Only lift I found for an 8-lug 2500 was BDS and Pro Comp. BDS is top notch stuff and you couldn't go wrong with it. I know that the BDS is a 6 inch, but thats ony a mid to full crank, if you barely crank them (just barely insert the bolts,) you'll be real close to 4inches.

I run a cranked 6inch with 33s on my truck for 2 years after I installed the lift and I didn't think I looked bad at all. If it came down to it, buy the lift now when you have the money for it, then in a couple years when you have the money for tires buy them.

vman

Reaction score
I just bought a procomp six inch lift for mine.I did see a tuff country four inch lift on ebay for around $1100.I don't know if they're junk or not.

GeekyRider

Reaction score
Hey FF21...did you crank the stock keys or did you buy re-indexed keys? And if you bought RI keys, what did you use?