97 k2500 7.4l with RC 6" lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wheeler454

Reaction score
I'm sorry if this asked been asked before, I have been trying to search but have not found the answer I am looking for. I have a 97 k2500 suburban with the 7.4l BBC. I installed a RC 6" lift and had to temporarily remove front drive ahaft to clear the exhaust. Now looking for a complete exhaust system to allow for the drive shaft to be put back in. Would not mind going from headers back. Maybe even true daul... open for options. But now adays everything I find is for the 5.7l SBC. Is thereno kit around anymore, or have a crossed the line into full custom built exhaust system? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Dunno if they ever made a kit for a lifted truck. Gonna have to take it to a shop for a custom exhuast or at least bend a new pipe to clear the driveshaft...

Wheeler454

Reaction score
Yeah that's what I was thinking. RC wanted me to cut out about 8" of the driver side exhaust, about 6" below manifold flange to be able to install driveshaft. As I am still doing some engine work, and didn't want a one side exhaust right now, I kinda skipped that step. It's not going to be driven for another month or so. But need to do something temporary so I will be able to drive to exhaust shop. Don't want to run it without the front drive shift in the transfer case.

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Running without the front shaft isn't gonna hurt anything. My old Yukon had a 4" lift, never got the exhaust rerouted, and my current Yukon as the shaft out cause was trying to figure what was going in the t-case (stupid auto track). You'll be fine.....

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
"Good Luck" finding a professional who will create a custom exhaust system that doesn't use the factory number of catalytic converters, in the factory locations.

Even worse in Commiefornia and others with Commiefornia-style rules that require OEM-quality catalysts instead of EPA-certified "aftermarket" converters.

Potential $10,000 fine for exhaust shops who don't follow the EPA regulations, and I don't know what the penalties are for violating CARB or similar state regs..

Wheeler454

Reaction score
Sorry took so long to add to this. But being that the front drive shaft slips into the transfer case, would I not lose fluid if I remove this and drive it? I don't really need to 4 wheel drive right now, as the truck is not being built for off road, just for cruising around.