97 RCSS front end conversion?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4x4incountryboy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
idk personally not my cup of tea...if your gonna do that find a short bed newer truck that style and just swap the box...doesnt look right at all

MSCustoms

Its not just a Truck
Reaction score
Okay so to bring this back up again... Here is a photoshop of my truck with the 03 front end on it... My topper was also put back into the picture as well, but I might not be running it. Opinions?!

You must be registered for see images attach

There was a guy at school who had this front end on his gmt400 with prerunner front fenders and gmt800 prerunner rear fenders and it looked good. It made the cab look small tho.

AirmanSkee

'MURICA... NUFF SAID
Reaction score
I wouldnt do rear fenders. I have considered front fenders on mine but decided against it. My main concern for now is my SAS but after that it will be the bodywork.

Sent from my 6.0 G8 Chase car in an "undisclosed location in SW Asia."

4x4incountryboy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think you need to bring another color into your truck besides red...little hints hear and there to break it up so it doesn't blend into one big canvas... idk if your big on chrome but ya needs something to break up the red...I think that by doing that and investing in a cowl hood and different things it would look a lot meaner,be period correct, and get more noticeable and enjoyable comments then conversions...let's face it...its to the point now days people see a car and think its another...doing the conversion not too many people will pick up on and say wow rather than umm that looks off.... the best show cars know how much to keep and how much to loose and to be honest...the front end of the gmt400 is one of those things ya should keep in your situation....just my two cents though :)

AirmanSkee

'MURICA... NUFF SAID
Reaction score
Well it currently has black on it, and the plan was to paint it after the SAS. This was just a photoshop to see what it would look like with the front clip and tows. I am planning on most likely keeping the GMT400 clip until I seriously rough up this one, and then maybe do the swap. Initially insurance would have paid to do the swap pretty much after the Lexus hit me, which brought it up. And the thing is, If I don't like it, I can always swap back.

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
I say dont do it, as the saying goes if it aint broke dont fix it and the gmt400 front clip rather it be esky/denali or the regular chevy/gmc clip is better than the gmt800 clip

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
do it it looks sweet in that photoshop and it looks to me like that guy does great work

AirmanSkee

'MURICA... NUFF SAID
Reaction score
I think I might try it this summer or fall. Worst case scenario, I don't like it and put stock fenders and hood back in it.

90chevstepside

iPhone Repair Tech!
Reaction score
If you decide to do it. Just remember one major thing. If the conversion you choose uses a bumper that's lower than the factory gmt400 bumper you WILL run into rubbing issues with 35's. That's why the newer trucks have larger lifts. Their fender wells and bumpers are a lot lower so to fit a 35, they have to be higher. Even my buddies and my cousins nbs trucks lifted 6" still rub on 35's. And rub bad.. whereas I can run 37's on 6" with minimal rubbing..

-Sent from the riced out Eclipse!

AirmanSkee

'MURICA... NUFF SAID
Reaction score
If I did it I wouldn't be going with a bumper like that. I would be going with a tube style bumper. This is just how someone rendered it and I went with it.