97 RCSS front end conversion?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AirmanSkee

'MURICA... NUFF SAID
Reaction score
I have a 97 K1500 RCSS, 6in lift and 35" tires. My friend up here that works at a body shop just recently did a complete front end conversion on a 95 to the NNBS front end. Cost him $590 in parts total (wouldnt include labor and paint, of course). He kept 90% of the OBS fender, and skinned the top to match up with the hood and headlights but still keep the body line. My question is, do you think a conversion like this would look good on my lifted stepside? Heres some pics of mine, and what his looks like. I can get some more if needed.

My K1500:
You must be registered for see images attach

And the conversion:

the big blue bus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
thats sweet, onlything is cant really tell but loks like the front bumper hangs down a lot more than the stock one does. more pics of that truck

AirmanSkee

'MURICA... NUFF SAID
Reaction score
thats sweet, onlything is cant really tell but loks like the front bumper hangs down a lot more than the stock one does. more pics of that truck

I will try to get some more pics of the truck if I can. It will hang down lower than the 97, just because the front end in general is just alot more bulky.

IMO don't

Why do you say that? My original plan was just to swap to a GMC open oval front grill but when I saw this I kinda got interested. Thanks for your input.

AirmanSkee

'MURICA... NUFF SAID
Reaction score
I think it matches pretty well, I like it, I wouldn't do it to mine, but I do like it.

I like it too. It looks good on his, but his is bagged and sitting low and all that. Mines on 6" lift and running 35s. Just didnt know if mine could/would pull it off. I might see if someone can photoshop it or if I can myself. We will see!

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score
On yours, no. Front end is too bulky to be up in the air and doesn't go with the rest of the truck IMO. Swap to an open GMC grille with an insert or something.

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why do you say that? My original plan was just to swap to a GMC open oval front grill but when I saw this I kinda got interested. Thanks for your input.

I do have to admire the time, effort, and money involved but I'm just not a fan of all the bulky plastic real estate the newer trucks have up front. That's why i put IMO up there. If you do decide to do it ship your brush guard to mn for me:lol:

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score
I do have to admire the time, effort, and money involved but I'm just not a fan of all the bulky plastic real estate the newer trucks have up front. That's why i put IMO up there. If you do decide to do it ship your brush guard to mn for me:lol:

Nope. I got dibs. Mine is sitting in the shed with no lower mounts.