97' K1500 lower balljoint question!!! Size and taper????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Burdom13

Reaction score
so i have a 97 k1500 and im doing a new coilover kit to get rid of the torsion bars, also add more wheel travel and fix the negative camber at full droop. question is: planning on building new fully boxed lower a-arms and need to know if there are lower balljoints that have the same taper as the z71 package? maybe something a little stronger than stock and possibly add more articulation to help add wheel travel without binding up at droop/bump. im planning on running the stock spindles as i dont want to have to swap out brakes and rotors and hubs yet. if im able to find something that allows more articulation than stock then i can achieve what i want to do. making a new upper arm changing the pivot popints to the top of the frame to make the upper arm longer and closer to the same arc as the lower. also by running uniballs at the spindle itll make the spindle height slightly taller as well allowing me to get the increase in wheel travel. hence swapping the torsion bars for 2.5" coilovers. i think this kit would be very appealing as whats out there is stupid expensive and most cant fabricate or own welding tools to do an install. im gonna try to make this an affordable kit. also found that Napa makes extended axles, that have more articulation at the cv than stock to allow increased wheel travel for $500 roughly. instead of $2500 from rcv. so any help would be appreciated!!! currently i have a new upper arm and torsion keys with new tie rods that have 3/4" heims at each end. helped to get a tad more travel than stock and fixed the bumpsteer slightly. steering dampener has helped with the 35s as well and new monroe monotube shocks were a HUGE upgrade. ive been building custom LT suspension for years but i havent had any experience cutting into the 4wheel drive trucks til now.