97 cab harness pin out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I’ve seen it but never had to pull it. Any idea what equipment is wired through it? That would help in finding an electrical diagram to ID the connector number.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Disnom

Reaction score
i have found one for 97-99. been looking for the 96. its smaller then the 97-99 for the passenger side its c200 i have seen

AuroraGirl

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ccording to chilton, this is 95-98. im not so certain because i feel thats a little TOO inclusive and also your truck would maybe differ in options etc etc. bUt the trucks are on UART which means each new component needs direct wiring to the master which is the PCM or switches etc. with that, you had less combination harnesses so much as usually-universally-optioned-and-run-near-eachother-so-we-bundle-them-together

Attachments

• 91026b05.pdf
    32.4 KB · Views: 139
  • 91026b04.pdf
    28.2 KB · Views: 96
  • 91026b03.pdf
    36.3 KB · Views: 90

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Did you download the free factory manuals here in the forum? In book one, section eight, electric diagnostics, locations, reference pages connector drawings. Book two section eight, wiring diagrams, connector locations, wire routing locations.

Every question you asked is there. It's easier to to have factory manual look at the diagrams, connector views, wire routing drawings than try to explain the whole book. It's way way more information, accurate info on your truck. It's what the factory printed.

Ron Spencer

Reaction score
There are wiring diagrams for all components, but not one big diagram that shows everything.

The wiring diagrams for each component or system do reference the connector and cavity numbers, so it can be traced. Here is one of their typical diagrams...

You must be registered for see images attach
There are wiring diagrams for all components, but not one big diagram that shows everything.

The wiring diagrams for each component or system do reference the connector and cavity numbers, so it can be traced. Here is one of their typical diagrams...

You must be registered for see images attach
Im trying to put a 96 silverado 5.7 vortec engine harness on my 97 silverado. And E1 on the 96 bulkhead is a big yellow wire. Any idea what it is?? Asking because E1 on my original harness was small and purple.

Stumpy

Heavy Chevy
Reaction score
Im trying to put a 96 silverado 5.7 vortec engine harness on my 97 silverado. And E1 on the 96 bulkhead is a big yellow wire. Any idea what it is?? Asking because E1 on my original harness was small and purple.
Look at post 4 on the first page.

I recently swap from a manual to auto trans in my 96, and used the wiring from a 97. That was one of the wires, I had to change. Mine originally was a fat purple wire, and went to a skinny purple wire, but every thing works as it should. I'm guessing, but for whatever reason, manual trans trucks used the bigger gauge wire, while auto trans uses the small wire. They seem to be doing similar jobs, but going about it differently.

Ron Spencer

Reaction score
Look at post 4 on the first page.

I recently swap from a manual to auto trans in my 96, and used the wiring from a 97. That was one of the wires, I had to change. Mine originally was a fat purple wire, and went to a skinny purple wire, but every thing works as it should. I'm guessing, but for whatever reason, manual trans trucks used the bigger gauge wire, while auto trans uses the small wire. They seem to be doing similar jobs, but going about it differently.
Both my truck and the parts truck i pulled it from were both automatics. Only difference was the parts truck had push button 4wd. Amd the white connector behind the dash had two extra wires (red, purple).
Had to wire the recieving end from my 97 to it. Didn't know what the two extra wires were for So i left them detached

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sorry, I don’t. The 96 and 97 shop manuals can be downloaded at this link and should have the pinout for connector C100. See posts #92 and #97.