96 ride height?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stan

Reaction score
Hi there. Measuring front ride height like the service manual would have you do is a pain. "Ball joint casting portrusion to center of control arm bolt= Z height....) What would an approximate measurement from the floor to the top of the wheel wells (at the bottom of the chrome trum) be for my stock 1997 c1500 silverado? Thanks.

Mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not sure on the number but every truck is different pretty much. Why you want to know?

jcro61

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Measuring from the ground is also misleading because of differences in rim/tire sizes. I have noticed the ride height of these trucks is all over the map. I tower over some and others are higher than me even tho I am on 33 and cranked. Weird thing.

stan

Reaction score
Thanks for your help. I just bought the truck with 45,000 original miles. minty mint but to the eye it seems somewhat sagged out.... If I'm measuring at the right point (casting portrusion??), the front Z diameter is 5/8 "" where it should be 3 3/4". The rear D diameter is 5 1/2" (spec 7.17"). not sure whether to just live with it, install front spacers or new springs. wheel weel height is 31 7/8" front, 33" rear....has stock rims and original tires...