Upper Control Dimensions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kcb905

Reaction score
I'm looking for the distance from the bushing center line to the ball joint stud on 2wd. stock upper control arms.
If anyone can provide that measurement it would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• controlarm.jpg
    controlarm.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 8

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm looking for the distance from the bushing center line to the ball joint stud on 2wd. stock upper control arms.
If anyone can provide that measurement it would be greatly appreciated.
If nobody chimes in on this, I'll give you them tomorrow,nif and when my new ones come in and old ones are out.(cross thread points? Lol)

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Can't measure off the ball stud. It moves around and it won't be accurate from one guys arm to the next guys arm, do it on the backside to the center of the grease zerk, It might matter why your measuring. If measuring look at another one to check for damage, it's better to triangulate it as a solitary measurent doesn't tell you much. And the ball joints are not always equidistant. Seldom are they a perfect triangle.

Last edited:

kcb905

Reaction score
I have a positive camber of about 1 degree on 24x9 wheels. (Tires are low profile) The eccentrics are adjusted inboard as far as they will go (yes, the knockouts are removed) My ball joint angles are good, and the lower control arm is almost parallel with the ground. I have stock springs and Fabtech 4" spindles and Fabtech upper control arms. I think the Fabtech arms are too long because I know guys are running bigger wheel and tire setups with at least a 0 degree camber or ideally 0.5 negative on stock uppers.

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a positive camber of about 1 degree on 24x9 wheels. (Tires are low profile) The eccentrics are adjusted inboard as far as they will go (yes, the knockouts are removed) My ball joint angles are good, and the lower control arm is almost parallel with the ground. I have stock springs and Fabtech 4" spindles and Fabtech upper control arms. I think the Fabtech arms are too long because I know guys are running bigger wheel and tire setups with at least a 0 degree camber or ideally 0.5 negative on stock uppers.
gotcha.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I measured 9-3/16" or 233mm.
Showing you how I measured, framing square off the bushing to the grease zirk.
Sooooo sorry about the delay, was a hectic weekend and just forgot. Hopefully this is what you are looking for. If not, reach out again and I'll see if I can do better for ya.

Attachments

• PXL_20231013_180940479~2.jpg
    PXL_20231013_180940479~2.jpg
    235 KB · Views: 7

kcb905

Reaction score
This is exactly what I needed.. If I'm seeing things right you're measuring to the front bushing and these are a full inch shorter than what I've got on my truck. Big thanks!