96 rcsb Lq4 4l80 swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mike96c1500

Reaction score
Hello all,

I new here. I’ve been reading a lot of threads on LS swaps. I see there’s many different ways to get the job done, but I’d like everyone’s opinion.
I have a 96 rcsb 2wd with the 5.0 4l60e. I just got a donor truck. It’s a 2002 2500 rclb 2wd with the LQ4 & 4l80E. It’s got 95k on it. It runs and drives great but it’s all rusted out. I’m going to swap the motor and trans into the 96. Since I have the motor, trans, pcm, wiring harness, and all accessories, what would be the best plan of attack? I was planning on putting in the drive train stock and getting it all up and running. Then later on I could rebuild and hop it up. I’ve seen people say modify the old wiring harness, I’ve seen others say use the one from the donor. It seems that using the one from the donor would be easiest to me but I’ve never done this before. It seems like it would be the easiest way to get everything up and running because the pcm is already set up for that combo. The only hard part would be getting the A/C and gauges to work. Thanks in advance. Mike

93crewcab

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Is that a harness just for the drive train? And leaving the stock pcm in also to handle the A/C and gauges?
Yes it just runs the engine and don't have all the unnecessary wires. Gauges are ran from that harness. I think on the newer trucks only the fuel gauge runs through the pcm but there is ways around that. Also ac is easy to run without the old com also.

Mike96c1500

Reaction score
Yes it just runs the engine and don't have all the unnecessary wires. Gauges are ran from that harness. I think on the newer trucks only the fuel gauge runs through the pcm but there is ways around that. Also ac is easy to run without the old com also.
Id rather replace the pcm instead of running the new and the old. Does a 2002 c2500 have a 411 pcm?

Sparkysikes

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Holley makes a nice set up. Dominator. For only 1200 you get harness computer for motor and trans and fly by wire gas pedal or cable actuated throttle body. There are different kits available. Tuning is made for a drunk monkey to be able to do it. Live learning etc