96 Mustang gt thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCOTTYINWV

si vis pacem, para bellum
Reaction score
I hate dodgy headlights. Plug n play hids helped mine, but I think a retrofit is going to be the only cure.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ya I might do hids again not sure. Depo makes a fairly clean looking projector setup that uses 9006 lows an 9005 highs instead of the factory 9007. I'm thinking that might be my best option.

What's the details on the one you might get? I think they are decent cars but the 96-98 cars only have like 200 hp so don't expect it to be a powerhouse.

SCOTTYINWV

si vis pacem, para bellum
Reaction score
Ya I might do hids again not sure. Depo makes a fairly clean looking projector setup that uses 9006 lows an 9005 highs instead of the factory 9007. I'm thinking that might be my best option.

What's the details on the one you might get? I think they are decent cars but the 96-98 cars only have like 200 hp so don't expect it to be a powerhouse.

The only details I have are just word of mouth, have only glanced at it one time. Mainly looking for a toy. It's not so much about being a powerhouse as much as being able to use that power. I like grabbing a gear and slinging through a curve. I would rather have a mild corner carver than something fast in a strait line.

RyanMerrick

8 Lug
Reaction score
Great Mustang! I have a 95 GT convertible myself, and I don't plan to ever sell it.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
what mileage are you getting in this thing?

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks to be around 21, I don't baby it though. My other two averaged 27 but I think they had lower gears. I want 3.73 for this one now. Either way it's much better than the 8 the dually got and the 13 of my Z71.

Oh an I did the fog light mod today. Now they come on with the park lights an stay on with the high beams [emoji41]