96+ Internal slave on 95 external slave truck?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chillin Dylan

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Even after all this time I’ve spent bleeding it, the pedal has ZERO feel at all. I can press it with one finger. It’s definitely moving some fluid out of the bleeder, but not much. I’ve even let it gravity bleed, for HOURS.

I’m considering sticking a pry bar through the bellhousing hole for the clutch line and bleeder to try to compress the slave or see if it’s moving at all. Thoughts? Obviously I wouldn’t pry against the pressure plate fingers, but rather the bellhousing itself.

Last edited:

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Given that the fluid should be clean and new by now, you could try "reverse bleeding", pushing fluid from the bleeder screw up to the master cylinder. Be sure to leave the level in the master low enough that you can push fluid backwards into the master, and not overflow.

Chillin Dylan

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
The slave cylinder isn’t stuck, and has pressure in it. It took a little force to compress it, and sprung back when I let go of it. I did that with the bleeder open and closed, no difference. I also had somebody press the pedal with the bleeder open and closed while I had the slave compressed a little bit. Nothing happened. I did not feel any movement of the slave cylinder.

Today I put on the new master cylinder with the larger bore diameter. Haven’t had time to try bleeding on it much yet, but it’s already made a slight change. When I tried gravity bleeding the system before, not much fluid would really flow through the system. As in it wouldn’t drain totally even over 12 hours. But now, when I crack the bleeder valve to let it gravity bleed, fluid flows through the system much faster. The master cylinder was drained in about 20 minutes. Im
Gonna try to bleed on it tomorrow, maybe reverse filling it with a bottle or something since I don’t have one of those pumps. Wish me luck guys

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The slave cylinder isn’t stuck, and has pressure in it. It took a little force to compress it, and sprung back when I let go of it. I did that with the bleeder open and closed, no difference.
With the bleeder closed you shouldn't be able to compress the slave cylinder. Fluids don't compress. You still had air in there.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is that like a brake master cylinder, where fluid could escape via the ports in the master cylinder leading to the reservoir? If the clutch pedal were pushed a little to cover those ports, then the slave cylinder wouldn't compress unless there were air in the system.

Chillin Dylan

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m honestly not sure guys. I messed with it a little today while rearranging garage ****, and the pedal seemed like it was starting to get a little feel in it. I’m gonna let it gravity bleed and keep an eye on the fluid while I make my throttle cable bracket for the sniper EFI

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
I would try getting a 97 master cyl.

I always heard that you need to match the master to the slave.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
while I make my throttle cable bracket for the sniper EFI
Let me save you some time and headache.

If you don't have the throttle extension, it's a must. It's a crime that Holley doesn't include these in the kit.

You must be registered for see images attach

Chillin Dylan

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let me save you some time and headache.

If you don't have the throttle extension, it's a must. It's a crime that Holley doesn't include these in the kit.

You must be registered for see images attach
Is that installed on a sniper? According to the summit page it doesn’t work on EFI throttle bodies

Chillin Dylan

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Update: I’ve got the clutch pretty much dialed now that I put the new master cylinder on with the larger bore. Not sure if the larger bore was necessary, but apparently my old master cylinder was just tired. I can now put the truck in gear and hit the key and it doesn’t move. It needs bled just a little more, but it’s definitely working now