95 yukon gear ratio change

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

92GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would go with the 4:56 and step up to a 35 when the time comes for tires. I had 33s with 4:10s and for street driving it was perfect, towing wasn't the greatest but it wasn't horrible. What do you plan on towing?

jonnyukon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Don't wanna go bigger on tires 33 is where I wanna stay and I tow a 3,000 lb gvw trailer we tow our quads and dirt bikes on

jonnyukon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The 35's would rub so they r a no go . Basically this truck is just gonna be used for towing on the weekends and the occasional weekend cruise

jonnyukon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So going from 3.73 to 4.11 will be a raise of 200 rpm .. Will that be any kinda of a noticeable gain mechanical advantage in towing and acceleration ?

am92

Fightin' Texas Aggie
Reaction score
Like I said before, I've noticed that my truck doesn't downshift anymore on this one hill by my house since switching from 3.73 to 4.10, but everyday driving and acceleration wise I didn't notice anything

jonnyukon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Damn well I have no other options but 4.11 or 4.56 so I guess 4.11 is it because I don't think 4.56 would be highway friendly since that's what this truck is for ... Towing a toy hauler so damn... I need a 4.30 ratio if it was made for the front ifs

jonnyukon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well I got my gears finally done and I went with the 4.11 and I have to say I noticed a pretty big difference in torque off the line and acceleration. It's better than it was all stock... The speedo is 9-10 miles per hour faster than actual speed . I haven't had enough miles to track mpg yet but just driving it home about 75 miles from the shop I'm willing to bet there is a slight increase with the small amount of mechanical advantage . Ill post more after my Memorial Day trip up north fully load with trailer and gear!

James Hart

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well I got my gears finally done and I went with the 4.11 and I have to say I noticed a pretty big difference in torque off the line and acceleration. It's better than it was all stock... The speedo is 9-10 miles per hour faster than actual speed . I haven't had enough miles to track mpg yet but just driving it home about 75 miles from the shop I'm willing to bet there is a slight increase with the small amount of mechanical advantage . Ill post more after my Memorial Day trip up north fully load with trailer and gear!

Looking forward to more thought on it... I've got stock 3.42 in my Blazer and I'm thinking about some taller gears. A mechanic friend I know with extensive experience with owning and fixing Chevy trucks is telling me 3.73, but I'm thinking of going 4.10 anyway. It rarely sees over 65, even more rare is it sustained for more that 30 minutes at a time. I travel 90% or the time between traffic lights and/or country roads. Towing is limited to a small utility cart for dump runs (5 miles) and maybe someday a small boat (I live 12 miles from the bay).