95 yukon gear ratio change

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jonnyukon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well I've finally came up with enough money to get my gear ratio changed... My truck has a 6 inch Rough county lift and I have kmc monsters with nitto terra grapplers in a 305/55/20 and I'm pretty sure the truck has 3.73 gears but I'm not sure if anyone knows what code to look for in the glove box that would help! But I wanna go up to the 4.11 and I'm having my local shop that does a lot of bigger trucks drivetrains hook me up. But would 4.11 be a good change for just mainly towing a trailer and just using the truck on weekends to cruise with and pulling our toys up north to go riding and here is a pic of my baby
You must be registered for see images attach

am92

Fightin' Texas Aggie
Reaction score
Honestly the change from 3.73 to 4.11 won't be all that noticable. When I put the new axle in my truck I went from 3.73 to 4.10 and the only difference I noticed was that it didn't downshift on this one hill by my house anymore because the cruising RPMs were a little higher. If you ever plan on getting bigger tires like 35's I'd recommend stepping up to 4.56 gears. Truck looks awesome by the way!

jonnyukon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not going any bigger tires anytime in the future I like it just how it is... But would 4.56 be way too much for highway toy hauler ?

jonnyukon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
And what speedo and transmission correction product works the best?

am92

Fightin' Texas Aggie
Reaction score
Yeah 4.56 would have you running pretty high higway RPM...best option for speedo and trans correction would be a custom chip from somewhere like tbichips.com. It'll also get you some good power and possibly mileage gains

jonnyukon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well I drive trucks for a living an I like about 65 for towing and if I'm correct I'd be running
2700in 3rd @65
1900in lockup@65
With the 4.11 and
3000 in 3rd @65
2100 in lockup @65
With the 4.56

Last edited:

jonnyukon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was looking at Jett performance accu speed plug in thingy