95 Tahoe 4x4 2 Door Sniper/LSx Future

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OldHoster

Reaction score
I have a 95 2 Door Tahoe that is a great truck. I had been trying to sell it but since all I get is low ball offers I think I am just going to finish fixing it up. I already have put Katzkin leather in it and a new transmission & t-case rebuild.

I already have both a sniper and a terminator X carb style system from Holley sitting in my garage. I also have a fresh 5.3, I just have something against removing the 5.7 that is only 25k miles from being fresh to put the 5.3 in. My thought is this, put a new intake and cam on the Tahoe and use the sniper kit for it. I may do some head work as well while I have it apart. Then when the 5.7 gets tired do a 5.3/6.2 with the carb style sniper system on it.

What gotchas do I need to look for or should I even attempt this?

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Get the throttle extension from Holley or the throttle is difficult to modulate. I bought it, but haven't installed it yet.

The Summit throttle bracket works well.

letitsnow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not sure on which aluminum heads - some other guys here would know more about that, maybe they will speak up. I'd pick better flowing aluminum heads to get past the tbi head issues, and to be able to run a bit more timing.

I have had several trucks with the 5.3. To me - it is an excellent car motor, but is a horrible truck motor. Not much tq from 1500-3000 rpms.