95 ecsb rear quarter windows leaking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nt2old

Reaction score
I recently purchased a 1995 ecsb with 153k miles, have big plans for this little gem, but noticed the other day while washing her up that I had water one the inside of the rear quarter windows. The latch was closed but the window seems a little lose. is there a way to adjust the windows?

Reaction score
I don’t see any adjustments on my 95 ecsb. I found your post searching for “quarter window”. Mine are also leaking and one has a torn rubber seal. Quarter windows start to rattle a little and leak when the rubber loses its elasticity. I’d like to just replace the seals, but it looks like on LMC Trucks, that the seal isn’t for the 95 since the latch is part of the window and not fastened to the body sheet metal. The option for the 95 is in the Year One catalog and is $194 for frame and seal. Hopefully someone on the forum has a more economical solution to this problem for both of us.

You must be registered for see images attach

nt2old

Reaction score
I don’t see any adjustments on my 95 ecsb. I found your post searching for “quarter window”. Mine are also leaking and one has a torn rubber seal. Quarter windows start to rattle a little and leak when the rubber loses its elasticity. I’d like to just replace the seals, but it looks like on LMC Trucks, that the seal isn’t for the 95 since the latch is part of the window and not fastened to the body sheet metal. The option for the 95 is in the Year One catalog and is $194 for frame and seal. Hopefully someone on the forum has a more economical solution to this problem for both of us.

I haven't looked into replacing the seals yet. Thanks for the information about year one. Yeah I am hoping that someone has a solution for this. Looks like you are about 2 and half hours from me.

Reaction score
If someone could post a pic of the Type A seal we could see if the shape was the same. I’d pay for 94 seals from LMC if I thought I could fit by cutting and gluing. Like building an O-ring out of round rubber. Just need to know if the backside will fit in the trough of the 95 frame.

2.5 hrs by truck, 7 by boat if the river keeps rising! Here’s how Mon morning started...

nt2old

Reaction score
If someone could post a pic of the Type A seal we could see if the shape was the same. I’d pay for 94 seals from LMC if I thought I could fit by cutting and gluing. Like building an O-ring out of round rubber. Just need to know if the backside will fit in the trough of the 95 frame.

2.5 hrs by truck, 7 by boat if the river keeps rising! Here’s how Mon morning started...

Man that rain was crazy hope everything was alright.
Yeah I still haven't had a chance to see if I can adjust the locks yet but maybe this weekend.

95bastard

Reaction score
I had my quarter windows off for paint on my 95. I am pretty sure LMC also has the seals available, they are quite expensive as well. My windows leak as well, they even whistle a little at highway speeds. If you look at the 95 and newer trucks, the seal is made into the frame which glues into the opening like the rear glass does. I could see no way to adjust the hinges or latches to pull the window in tighter for a better seal. I just live with it as my truck spends most of its time in the garage. You might be able to get some thin self adhesive window seals from the home improvement store, cut them down and stick them to the window or seal itself to help seal them up better. You would never know it is there when the window was closed. I had even considered glueing the window to the seal with a small bead of windshield urethane, this of course would make them nonfunctional, but I am sure would seal out wind and water.

Gray_z71

Reaction score
I had my quarter windows off for paint on my 95. I am pretty sure LMC also has the seals available, they are quite expensive as well. My windows leak as well, they even whistle a little at highway speeds. If you look at the 95 and newer trucks, the seal is made into the frame which glues into the opening like the rear glass does. I could see no way to adjust the hinges or latches to pull the window in tighter for a better seal. I just live with it as my truck spends most of its time in the garage. You might be able to get some thin self adhesive window seals from the home improvement store, cut them down and stick them to the window or seal itself to help seal them up better. You would never know it is there when the window was closed. I had even considered glueing the window to the seal with a small bead of windshield urethane, this of course would make them nonfunctional, but I am sure would seal out wind and water.
Hey guys, sorry to bring this forum from the dead, but is this seal riveted to the metal??? Or is the glue just super freakin hard to get loose? Let me know ASAP please. Thanks!