95-98 C1500 Fresh air/ recirc actuator question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Spareparts

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From everything i have read, Nope
Researching my self as my blend doors for defrost have fallen down into the heater :frown:

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Is this doable without taking the dash out?
It is absolutely on 88-94, but I do understand the concern about whether it is on 95-98. If you're going strictly by the manual's advice that it cannot, don't believe that, because the manual for 88-94 also tells you the dash has to come out when it does not.

Have changed several on 88-94 but haven't personally done 95-98 yet so I can't say for sure. However, the same steps likely will get you there.. on 88-84 I remove the glovebox compartment so I can poke a work light into the area above the actuator. On 95-98 it's easy to remove the whole glovebox door/compartment. The HVAC box is relatively unchanged over the entire GMT400 line (minor changes) and since my approach is from underneath, same steps should work for 95-98.

Write-up: https://www.chevytalk.org/fusionbb/showtopic.php?tid/170970

Richard

delta_p

OBS Chevrolet, When Silverado Was A Trim
Reaction score
You don't remove the dash. If you can't see the top screw get a scope on it from the glove compartment so you can watch it. You can probably get the screw just started in by hand but it is tight. Then work it in with a wrench and socket.

Last edited: