94Sierra4x4.. upgrade to 97SilveradoZ71

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LoudnLifted88

Small Block Grim Reaper
Reaction score
thanks buddy. Hey what're you getting for fuel mileage with the 03? I'm looking to upgrade for a reliable daily and put this on the back burner for a bit

depends how I drive but right now a solid 11 with winter fuel when I bought it I was getting about 13

94Sierra4x4

All out OBS.
Reaction score
depends how I drive but right now a solid 11 with winter fuel when I bought it I was getting about 13

Alright cool, thanks again. I'm getting better than that with my 400 atm, driving pretty granny like these days.
Exhaust leak sucked away my power, but ive been keeping my foot out of it because it sounds like absolute trash lol

LoudnLifted88

Small Block Grim Reaper
Reaction score
Alright cool, thanks again. I'm getting better than that with my 400 atm, driving pretty granny like these days.
Exhaust leak sucked away my power, but ive been keeping my foot out of it because it sounds like absolute trash lol

yeah I also have 410s and the 6.0 arnt real healthy on fuel to begin with

94Sierra4x4

All out OBS.
Reaction score
Sooo I had the truck at the exhaust shop the other day and ended up going with 2 1/4" off the manifolds, crossover where the factory y-pipe would be, into a dual in, dual out magnaflow, and 2 1/4" straight out the back beside the hitch.

It sounds awesome. Nice rumble at low rpm, a bit of a roar and a little pop around 3k
Here's a crappy little video I took after I got it home from the shop.. lifeproof case = barely any sound. Just showing how they ran it, I think they did a damn fine job.

You must be registered for see images attach

94Sierra4x4

All out OBS.
Reaction score
Couple issues that are just starting to bug me, and I'd like to see what you guys think may be causing them.

Get up to around 120km/h on the highway, let off the throttle, and then lay back into it a bit, truck shudders and shakes and wont increase speed, just shakes like a mother! Slow down for a bit and I can lay back into without feeling like the thing is falling apart..

When I go over bumps, the whole truck sorta bounces and shakes up and down, feel it in the steering wheel and you can see the truck body shaking up and down.

Coming to a complete stop, and the ass end of the truck sits back down.. "clunk", taking off with a bit of throttle.. "clunk", im assuming u-joint on rear driveshaft at tcase, but wondering if maybe it could be something else...

Maybe all 3 are complimenting each other? I don't know... Thanks for any tips guys.

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
It sounds like you do have a u-joint issue. It can cause 2 of the 3 problems, Vibration and Clunking. But the bouncing? I'm not sure of

94Sierra4x4

All out OBS.
Reaction score
Cruising in overdrive, light rpm, Truck seems to miss and then CLUNK and shake like a basstard... No clue .. Mechanics couldn't find it .. Any thoughts?
No real updates on the truck as far as I can remember.. Just maintenance..