94 Suburban C1500 MC upgrade and 4WAL bleeding

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pinger

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have one of the HF Vacuum bleeders and it's o.k. but the threads of the bleed screws have to seal for it to work well.
I own a pressure bleeder but I have never even put fluid in it. I use the HF vacuum bleeder as a catch can for the solo bleeds.

That's also true of the pedal bleed kits that immerse the tube in fluid. Air can get by the threads on the pedal up-stroke. A tacky grease delivered from an aerosol helps.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yesterday it was raining and I tried to activate the ABS. I could only lock up the front brakes. Rear brakes didn't lockup and ABS never activated at either end.

Depending on how you did it. Burbs can be funny. Easiest way is dirt road or I find turning and braking at the same time can activate abs on a wet road. Btw I hear the suburbans rear tires arnt supposed to lock up

jdjonesdr

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Depending on how you did it. Burbs can be funny. Easiest way is dirt road or I find turning and braking at the same time can activate abs on a wet road. Btw I hear the suburbans rear tires arnt supposed to lock up

I thought none of them should lock up if the ABS is working properly?

My ABS light is on as well. I replaced the rear brakes on mine and went to lunch. When I came back my helper had bled the brakes and emptied the reservoir doing it.

Now the light comes on when I start driving every morning.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I thought none of them should lock up if the ABS is working properly?

My ABS light is on as well. I replaced the rear brakes on mine and went to lunch. When I came back my helper had bled the brakes and emptied the reservoir doing it.

Now the light comes on when I start driving every morning.

Your correct there not supposed to lock up but you can lock them depending on the circumstances. Also air in the system will air lock the abs. Hate to say it but you may have to start from scratch and possibly bleed the abs module.