'94 K3500 RCD lift kit pricing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4thesporty

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
OK, I have oficially decided on this kit, specifically RCD PN 10-41888 for my truck.

I have price shopped the hell out of it and have a pretty good idea who I am going to buy from, however I thought I would check in here to see if we have any hook ups first, or if anyone knows where to get the best price on it.

Thanks!

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
RCD is good stuff though, I don't think RCX makes a kit for 3500's do they? You should still ask the guy in the FSC thread that scholarly redneck posted.

90chevstepside

iPhone Repair Tech!
Reaction score
Do you mind me asking why you chose RCD? I'm just not familiar with that lift and was wondering if it had some advantages over other lifts.

JollyGreen

Metalworking Madman
Reaction score
I could be way off base but I've heard some of the pros are:

- quicker install
- stronger than a full drop (ie. cepek, rcx, etc) ...very debatable
- its a knuckle lift, not a spindle lift, so the uca and lca stay in the factory spots. Hence why it may or may not be stronger

I just don't like the fact that the track width is widened. Now I've heard the RCD only widens it 1/2" per side. Not much, but still.

The other thing is that you can't crank to get a full 6" on the spindle lift, whereas you can on a full drop.

Sent from Jolly Green's Droid

4thesporty

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Jolly Green is close.

It leaves the upper control arms in their stock position, but does lower the lower control arms via a bracket. To compensate for the difference in height it uses different hub assemblys. For me, the advantage to this type of lift is that because the upper a arm stays stock position, you do not use a drop steering bracket, but retain all factory steering. I have fought death wobble on a few trucks that used a drop steering bracket and swore I would never do it again.

It does increase track width a little, but I am going to offset that by using H2 wheels down the road, which have more backspacing. In the end, it should be a wash. The kit comes with rear wheel spacers to compensate for the increased front track width, but I don't intend on using them. I'll just have to see where I am at after it is installed. Supposedly, this lift is a 4-6 and I really don't plan on going much over 4" and keep my CVs straight. I have never seen this kit on a truck before, but would be interested in other's opinions, first hand would be awesome. Please correct me if I am wrong with my info.

I was really close to pulling the trigger on a rough country because of the price, but chose to save a little more for this kit. I will check with him about it either way. Thanks all.

JollyGreen

Metalworking Madman
Reaction score
Thanks for the clarification. I know the RCD only moves the lca, not the upper. But, do any of the others move both? I thought fabtech lift did???

Sent from Jolly Green's Droid

4thesporty

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I don't know about Fabtech. They don't make anything but 1/2 ton lifts for gmt400s. As far as I know RCD is the only company making these kind of lifts for my truck. My other options if I wanted a bracket lift was rough country, pro comp, tough country, and superlift.

I have heard good things about the rancho lifts and the bds lifts, but they are no longer available for me (K3500).