94+ GMC grille conversion holdup...Are the front bumpers different??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GTODually

Reaction score
So do I need the brackets or is it just something I need to adjust from the brackets I have now? And are 88-98 bumpers all the same or they different?

michael hurd

Stalker be gone.
Reaction score
The bumpers are the same but the brackets changed with the grill and filler panels. ( wider filler panels )

GTODually

Reaction score
Also seems like the filler panel doesn't line up and contacts the radiator support. Anyone have this issue? It may just need the cooler lines rerouted a little and maybe a couple areas given a love tap with a body hammer

Parentnoia

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Really? On my 96 the outer 2 had been removed when the bodylift was put on
Yeah, they're welded to the backside of where the core support bolts to the frame. It looks like you could unbolt them, but if you look around the seam where the bracket meets the mount, it looks like it's crudely welded in place.

93SierraWT

Greater Made Chevy
Reaction score
Yeah, they're welded to the backside of where the core support bolts to the frame. It looks like you could unbolt them, but if you look around the seam where the bracket meets the mount, it looks like it's crudely welded in place.

That's not stock. They are all removable from the factory.

///RAGMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
When I switched my 91 GMC to the 94 chevy grill the stock bumper brackets worked and didnt needed to be changed but I have ran int the problem with other trucks.

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Only the 2 inner brackets are needed for the grille update.

Also seems like the filler panel doesn't line up and contacts the radiator support. Anyone have this issue? It may just need the cooler lines rerouted a little and maybe a couple areas given a love tap with a body hammer

The later radiator supports have a slot in them that the filler panel hooks into. You can either cut a slot in your radiator support for this or just cut the piece off of the filler panel.