90 grille on 94+bumper mount question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
i dont think its 88-93. Its some random year between those years. Ive gotten 3 of these grilles with 2 of them breaking in transportation and only one of the grilles came with the black spacers. 89 did not come with spacers i believe.
88-93 all use the same park lamps and use the spacers so they sit correctly in the 88-93 grille. That is, all the "up level" grilles, not talking about the base model grilles with the single large sealed beam on each side.

Richard

Jjbiskup

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
88-93 all use the same park lamps and use the spacers so they sit correctly in the 88-93 grille. That is, all the "up level" grilles, not talking about the base model grilles with the single large sealed beam on each side.

Richard
Yes that is what im talking about, those black little spacers for the park lights. Just to be clear i do not have the black spacers on my grille right now which came off an 88-89, i know the 94-98 wont fit with the grille correctly as the bulb holder is not angled to compensate being so close to the core support, now if i buy the black spacers would i be able to use the 94-98 park lights. Also what is the difference between the 88-91 and 92-93park lights as on lmc and numerous other websites they are listed differently.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Yes that is what im talking about, those black little spacers for the park lights. Just to be clear i do not have the black spacers on my grille right now which came off an 88-89, i know the 94-98 wont fit with the grille correctly as the bulb holder is not angled to compensate being so close to the core support, now if i buy the black spacers would i be able to use the 94-98 park lights. Also what is the difference between the 88-91 and 92-93park lights as on lmc and numerous other websites they are listed differently.
The lenses are shaped differently. Use the correct lenses for the grille you wish to use. The 88-93 have a curved profile to them and only fit properly on the 88-93 grille, with the spacers. The 94-up are almost flat and only fit properly on the 94-up grille. No spacers.

Dead giveway on the 88-93 is they have a metal bezel around them that is painted silver. 94-up are all plastic and the bezel area is painted black.

You can use the wrong lenses on either grille and they'll work, they just won't fit or look right. You'll be able to get all 4 screws in them though..

Richard

Tim W

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Im piecing together all the pieces to do a 88-93 grille swap to my 94. I saw a video of a 93 silverado grille removal and it looked like the 93 had some kind of piece that clips in the top of the grille like a filler or something. What is that? Is the circled piece in the picture the part in the video

The part of the video is at the 3:39 mark

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231117_103758_Messages.jpg
    Screenshot_20231117_103758_Messages.jpg
    457.8 KB · Views: 6

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
That's an air deflector that is meant to keep grille airflow passing through the radiator. The 94-up grilles have it molded in-place so it's not a separate piece.

Richard

Jjbiskup

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Im piecing together all the pieces to do a 88-93 grille swap to my 94. I saw a video of a 93 silverado grille removal and it looked like the 93 had some kind of piece that clips in the top of the grille like a filler or something. What is that? Is the circled piece in the picture the part in the video

The part of the video is at the 3:39 mark

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
The grille literally just bolts in place the same as the 94 one. The top 4 7mm bolts and the 2 behind the park light. But you will have a bigger gap between the filler piece and the bumper. If you care about it you will need to use the bumper brackets off an older truck.