94 c1500 transmission problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jdpolk11

Reaction score
Here is my problem, my original transmission,4l60e, went out at 230k and I took it to a transmission shop to be rebuilt. The transmission went 10 miles and it went out again. After several attempts and 3 different cases later, the shop owner decided to split the cost and get a remanufactured transmission. I get 20 miles away from the shop and the truck tries to pull of from the red light in high gear. I put the shifter in 1st and it is in 2nd gear. I know this because when I put it in 2nd it doesn't shift, i go to OD and it shifts in to 3rd but no OD. The lock up converter does engage. I go back and the warranty covers the replacement , but I don't hear from the shop for 4 weeks. I call, and shop owner tells me there are some problems. I go to the shop and he tells me that a fusable link had to be replaced and my truck is still doing the same thing. He had another shop owner come over and check the system out and said the truck isn't getting first gear signal. I have swapped the ECM with a known good ECM thinking that he fried my computer some how. Other than checking for cut wires, I think he pinched the wire loom when he replaced the transmission, what do I need to check for ? I was a mechanic, but I'm not a transmission guy.
Thanks.