93 model Odometer motor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cc333

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I don't know if this helps anything, but it might?

When I swapped the non-tach cluster for a tach one in my 94, I swapped over the odometer (nothing broke!). When I subsequently took the truck for a test drive with the new cluster, the odometer didn't work, and I didn't understand why. So I took the cluster out and opened it up to investigate.

The problem? I forgot to reconnect the motor :rolleyes:

c

Mekirk2

Reaction score
Reviving an old thread here - I’m in the same boat. Dad’s 1992 Sierra c1500s odometer quit working completely. Took it apart and messed with it, put it back together and it’s working but only puts about .4 miles on the odometer for every mile driven. Disconnected and removed the trip odometer and got the same results. Thinking it’s the motor itself, seems to hang up sometimes anyway.

This is dad’s baby - has about 100k on it and other than the paint it’s in excellent shape. Told him I’d do what I can so it’s torn down in my garage.

Anyone have an odometer motor or entire unit available I could pick up? Is that entire non tach unit still available? Any advice on whether I’m going down the right road here would be great too :).
To update this - odometer motor from another cluster fixed the issue.