93 k2500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smk2500

Reaction score
Lots of knowledgeable people here for sure!

I agree, I feel like the same goes with leveling keys, it just index’s the bar which is the same as cranking. That’s why I personally wouldn’t crank, if I did like I said no more than an inch or so over stock. I opted for a 6” rough country kit, and custom spring mounts in the back, I didn’t want to run 6” blocks due to axle wrap, also have heard stories of blocks cracking and I didn’t want to deal with that mess, I also plan to tow with mine though too. Superior makes a 6” leaf spring drop for the pickups:(https://www.superiormachineandfab.com/store/p9/universal-leaf-spring-shackle-bracket.html)
It is painless to install. Just grind the rivets out from the stock mounts and these take their place, I would mount the fronts first and eyeball your shackle angle, might want to move the rears forward about an inch to get a better angle on the shackle.

I think them and Off-road Design make some nice shackle flip kits if your interested in that route, also they make some sturdy super shackles.

Here is how my rear looks at the moment.

You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

Keep in mind that if you do a shackle flip, you have to drop the rear twice as much as you want it to lift (ex. 4inch shackle flip nets 2inches of lift). Also if you lift too high without dropping the front of the spring, you change the effective angle of your spring. (Instead of springing up and down, a dramatic example would be springing in and out).

Regardless of how you lift the rear you will need to adjust your pinion angle possibly. With a long bed like that you might have a center bearing on the drive shaft (not sure on this one). Might cancel out some vibration but it’s a good idea to keep an eye on that when lifting.

Not sure what your budget is, the rough country kit ran me $899 on amazon, it was on sale at the time as well.

Sorry for the rant. :(
Feel free to correct me if I’m wrong about anything. ;)
Awesome. Thx for the info