92 Sierra SAS frame off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

92Sierra

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have some pictures of the crossmember. It is just the stock crossmember with a 5-6" section cut out and some 2"x2"x1/4" tubing and some angle iron welded underneath.

You must be registered for see images attach

Also snapped some pics of the rear driveshaft, steering stabilizer tube clamp and the front inner fenders with the rubber matting installed.
Performer 45 (45 degrees, 2 ton rating at the CV, 1350 at the yoke)

I have little things to fix on the truck still:
Right now my front driveshaft is getting shortened 1.5" and rebalanced
rear diff cover is coming off and getting new gasket maker on it and the inspection plug, the axle tubes are getting welded where they are pressed in because all of them are leaking. I am also putting an elbow pointing straight up on the fill hole near the pinion to raise the oil level so it can reach the top pinion bearing.
rear driveshaft is vibrating from a loose cv u joint so i'm getting the company to fix it since its got less than 500miles on it.
aim my headlights down more so my highbeams aren't shining at planes in the sky
fix a tcase leak
remove a broken bellhousing bolt that was holding the tcase brace bar and reinstall a new grade 8 bolt.

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score
angle is too much for a single 1350 u joint especially for daily driving, it would wear out frequently.

you only have 7" lift, plenty of droop yet before its a issue for a single cardan, i have about 10" more than you with a single, my 94 had 10" suspension with the stock shaft yet and never had a issue with joint wear, put over 130,000 miles on it with that sas

92Sierra

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Can't believe I missed this thread. Particularly since the setup is so similar to mine.

Isn't the NV4500/NP241/4.56 combo awesome?

yes it is similar to yours, read yours countless times before cutting into mine.
The drivetrain setup is great! now i'd just like some more power haha

rollin smoke

Reaction score
looks to be stock sway bar setup with quick disconnects.

good choice if you want articulation.

BTW nice truck. did a HELL of a job!!!