92 k2500LD 700r4 upgrades

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chevyman98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looking at doing the vette servo in my 700r4, did one in my 98 and 05 and felted like it made a difference. Should I do the billet superior 4th apply while I'm in it as well any benefits. Just looking for some advice. Use the truck for towing and dd, occasionally offroad.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
IMO if you're going to do them, I wouldn't waste time with the vette servo. I did both billet servos from Superior/Fairbanks in my 4L60E in the red truck and they made a huge difference.

EDIT - Note that my builder told me not to use the stock band with this combo, so if you're going to upgrade the servos then I'd honestly recommend a rebuild.

DOUBLE EDIT - If you haven't already, look into TransGo reprogramming/shift kits. Did one of those in the red truck as well. Made a nice difference in shift firmness as well as some other cool features. Think this is the one you'd want for your 700R4.

http://www.transgo.com/products.php?prd=700-2%263&homeinclude=catalog&category_id=96&parent_id=31&product_id=169&countdisplay=3&start=0&addcountview=Yes

TRIPLE EDIT - Haven't seen him on here in a while, but you might try PMing rhino. He helped me out a lot picking these parts for my rebuild. He's got a website too, you might be able to contact him from there.

http://www.rhinotransmissionparts.com/

Last edited:

chevyman98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks. Yeah I looked in the trans go kits but I think if I do one it'll be when it rebuild time comes.
I also heard about doing billet servos with stock band that's why I was curious. Just trying to see best bang for the buck at this point. Just looking fir a little better shifting and to try to squeeze more miles out of it

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
In that case the Corvette servo may be fine for what you're trying to do. Not sure how much difference they actually make though. I've driven F-body Camaros which had them from the factory and to be honest I didn't notice any firmer shifts on those as compared to the standard servos in my trucks.