92 Burb... suddenly slow starter, then solenoid clicks...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shibbershabber

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Once again, another issue that I have never seen in any of my previous 20+ cars...

Im guessing that its the solenoid, Ive always seen them just go right to the clicking, or one good clunk then nothing

So i am in the middle of diagnosing idle issues on my 92 1/2 ton suburban 5.7/TBI and I replaced the ICM, and after I put it in the truck wouldnt start

after some more trouble shooting I foun that I had no spark and needed to replace the ignition coil...

NOW after I have installed the ignition coil, I go to start it and it just cranks slowly... then it would make a few really slow turns and then click roughly every second 3 times or so, and then nothing.

Battery and alt are less than a year old, full charge on the battery... the truck was turning over 12 hours ago... I have battery voltage at the starter from the + cable.

Solenoids are cheap enough. But am I correct in assuming thats the issue?

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
are all the wires going from the battery to starter tight... I had a ford doing that once and the main wire from the battery looked good but about halfway down was burned up and only had a very few strands actually providing power

sent from the GMC

shibbershabber

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ill yank it out tomorrow and see how it looks. It feels tight, I do read voltage at the end of the cable.

Just seems like I am chasing problems on this thing. As soon as I do something to take care of one problem, something else happens that stops me from knowing if the first issue was resolved.