91 gauge cluster

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mar91

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have a 1991 Sierra 4x4. All of my gauges work, speedometer works but my odometer does not.
I have heard that this is a somewhat common problem for my year but no one has offered up any ideas for a fix other then just replace the gauge cluster.
Is there anything I can look at before I go this route? I found a 92 cluster locally that I could pick up for $50, but im unsure if his is 4wd... will this matter?

Thanks a lot!

MYT HI

LOUD AND PROUD
Reaction score
The 92 cluster is completely different iirc.

Sent from my 350 TBI powered iPhone

mar91

Reaction score
your right... i just did some reading and it looks like I would need an 88-91... unless anyone has information about repairing the odometer/trip?

crazymater91

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Mine quit in my 90 I just went to the junkyard and got a whole cluster and then just swaped the odomter part!!

mar91

Reaction score
i think that's where I'll start my search, thanks guys!

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
Also, it doesn't matter if it is 4x4 or not, if it has a tach it will need to be from a truck with same amount of cylinders (V6-V6, V8-V8), If you are changing the whole thing.

smburnette

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
My 91 doesn't have a tach, can I just plug one in that DOES have a tach?

MYT HI

LOUD AND PROUD
Reaction score
You would have to add a wire from the coil

Sent from my 350 TBI powered iPhone

smburnette

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Mine was torn apart last night to fix the trip odometer. Here is a picture that might help you know what's in there.

You can see where I repaired the connection between the trip odometer and the odometer. I coated the connection with superglue gel after this picture was taken.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk