91’ GMC K2500 Wiper Motor Pulse Board

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kormadous

Reaction score
Hey all, I’ve scoured the forums and can’t seem to find the exact answer I’m after! I’ve got a 91 k2500 as listed in the title, but my Windshield Wiper Motor doesn’t look like any of the ones I’m seeing in pictures here or anywhere else on the Internet really. I’ve attached a picture of my motor and pulse board housing, my hopes are to find a disassembly video to resolder my pulse board connections. I can’t seem to get the cap for the enclosure off of the left side of the unit.

You must be registered for see images attach

Jglew82

I fix stuff
Reaction score
I’ve had no luck trying to reflow the solder on the first gen boards. I just upgraded to the second gen assembly since the cost was pretty low. Definitely happy with it.

Chevy66driver

Reaction score
So second gen assembly will bolt on? Do you have any photos? I'm in the same boat right now

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

10mm Nut

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Second gen motors are a straight bolt on and plug in. With the advantage that you can get pulse modules if ever needed in the future.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is this the "second gen" wiper motor? This is on my friend's '89 K1500, with pulse/delay wipers. It's the same unit as on my '88 K1500. I thought the difference in the wiper motors was "with" pulse/delay, or "without" pulse/delay.

Photo 1. Wiper motor assembly.
http://hbassociates.us/K1500_Ross_Pulse_Wipers_03.jpg

I re-flowed six "larger" solder joints, (bottom right side of the photo, below) which entirely fixed the screwy wipers. I looked at all the smaller solder joints with a magnifying glass, they seemed fine. The joints under the pink/red "Conformal" coating I left strictly alone. I cleaned out the dried-up grease, added fresh grease, and made sure the contact arms were polished nicely.

Photo 2. Wiper circuit board.
http://hbassociates.us/K1500_Ross_Pulse_Wipers_02.jpg