90 700R4 Continuous Problems Help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kamd90Chevy

Suthrn1
Reaction score
hey guys im back with another questions for the guru's.

so 90 TBI 350 with very very basic mods,

November of last year my Father had the trans rebuilt while i was on the road. Overdrive had gone completely out and was working 3rd. He paid a local shop 1400 bucks and not 3 weeks after the build, the 1-2 clutch pack goes. So it goes back again. About a month after that it gets stuck in 2nd. So it goes back again. The next 3 times after this it was a valve body problem, a front pump seal and last the shift linkage breaks. So they do warranty repairs, personally i believe they never rebuilt it to begin with but used band aids, so for about 4 months now it ran and drove great until last week. The torque converter lock-up grenaded going down the interstate.

So now it has a new Torque converter, servo, modulator valve, filter kit, fluid plus Lucas, all nuts/bolts linkage, u-joints and moving parts checked once, twice and three and four times, yet when you start the truck and put it in reverse or any forward moving gear, it doesnt even click to go in a gear, or try to move, in any gear you can gas it as much as youd like but doesnt move an inch.

Any chances i missed something? Sensor related or anything.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
sounds like they replaced what they thought to be bad which lead to another problem and never truly rebuilt it, also tv cable could be a source of some issue but not all. sounds like after the first time the trans went in for warranty work you shouldve picked another shop, i know that doesnt help im not trans guru but thats my initial instinct, the guy round here id talk to is rhino, or rhyno idk how he spells it.

Kamd90Chevy

Suthrn1
Reaction score
That's exactly what i argued with my Dad. But he works almost 70 hours a week and helps take care of my son while i'm gone. and he just didnt want to argue with them and risk them damaging the truck that was bought new by his Dad. I found a trans shop over here that builds hi-po GM overdrive transmissions. and for the same cost as the crap shop, they give me a 3yr/36k warranty versus the 1yr/12k

MXR597

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
When I got my transmission rebuilt the second time I was told that some shops will simply replace what is broken and replace all the gaskets then put it back in.

rhino

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Its just like anything else, some people just don't do what they are supposed to. Most of those shops don't stay in business long thought.