89 gmc build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I'm a newbie need help on ideas with my 89 gmc I have cut my springs and took out 2 leaf springs but I wanna go a lot lower what do y'all suggest?

92GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
welcome! im not a pro at lowering anything but id say drop spindles, axle flip kit, and shackles. post some pics of your truck up

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Welcome.

A lot of things depend on what your budget is.

I do however highly advise against cutting springs. It's unsafe.

-Sent from my twin turbo Desire using diesel fuel.-

blue_92_sierra

Aftermath
Reaction score
Removing leaf springs will change your ride quality too. It can be too soft and cause a lot if bottoming out if you install other drop parts or haul heavier loads. I would put the leaf springs back in and save for drop parts which will maintain a decent ride quality. Seeing as your only 16 and most likely daily drive your truck I wouldn't go lower than a 4/6 or 5/7 drop. Depending on how much you cut off your coil you can get 2" spindles and a flip kit with a bolt in c-notch for out back. If you haul or tow lots with your truck and don't want something that low, you can go 2/4 and get 2" drop coils or keep yours you have already cut, and install 2" lowering shackles and 2" hangers for the rear. Also get some good drop shocks as well

Red91

Hi, I'm Red
Reaction score
Start stashing some coin away and go 4/6, you will probably end up there anyways! But like blue_92_sierra said put thos leafs back in.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah like mentioned above go 4-6, spindle's and spring's in the front, and a flip kit in the rear.