88GMCtruck's 98 Silverado Towpig Build: "Black Fox"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98sierra4x4

OBSession
Reaction score
I was browsing on another forum and noticed some people saw something interesting in this pic. I won't say because that's no fun
You must be registered for see images attach

A whipple!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Easy outs are bull, they instill a false sense of success. I've always had to drill just until I see threads, then dig that junk out with a scribe. You know there is another on GMTC with a Whippled 454. I'm subscribing 1: because you do badass work and 2: I want to see how comically ty your fuel economy gets. :D

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
I was browsing on another forum and noticed some people saw something interesting in this pic. I won't say because that's no fun
A whipple!!!!
In the words of Devin,
Holy crap, it took you guys long enough. :p

Chandelier. Gotta have something to swing on.
Nah, their probably wondering why he has a chandelier hanging in his garage! :rofl:
Yeah but it has to support the weight of two. We have broken more ceiling hooks than I care to admit to.
When you work on as many GMCs as we do in here you need the chandelier for the proper ambiance.

Professional Grade and all...
You know damn well as I do how many people have asked WHY I have a Chandelier in my garage. It's because "I want to swing, from the chandelier, from the chandelier". Ok, maybe not. For those who don't know, it was in the dining room when I bought the place and IMO was ugly. I installed something more modern, tried to craigslist this (it's 24k gold plated and real crystal) without success... It was stored hanging in the garage because there isn't anything else I can do with it, and it has been there since. So many people question it. Eventually a plug got wired to it, and is plugged in on generally occasions involving alcohol.

Oh, and Skylark, it's hung from a 2x4 rafter with a ratchet strap. By entire coincidence.

Easy outs are bull, they instill a false sense of success. I've always had to drill just until I see threads, then dig that junk out with a scribe. You know there is another on GMTC with a Whippled 454. I'm subscribing 1: because you do badass work and 2: I want to see how comically ty your fuel economy gets. :D
I already have comical fuel mileage. I'm currently getting 7.5-8 towing........

But yes, a whipple. I had the chance to buy one from a semi-local member of GMFS.

I tried, very hard last week to install it before the weekend. I was plagued by exhaust manifold studs being broken, and in the end the tuned computer didn't even show up by the end of the week. And also found I was missing a spacer for a idler pulley...... and yeah.. Used parts sometimes have their difficulties. But now everything is here, last night I fixed my exhaust leak and the whole thing should be, hopefully, together this evening.

Oh, and there is a complete set of worn out 235/85s on wheels sitting next to my house... for... reasons.

Stay tuned :evillol: