88GMCtruck's 98 Silverado Towpig Build: "Black Fox"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JScott23

8 Lug Expert
Reaction score
He ran PY0's with 400 caps but i'm sure had to use the GMT800 lug nut covers... they are just that extra half inch longer that you need... worked great....

I bought 3 per wheel which holds them on great, 32 of them at $1.99 a piece adds up....

JScott23

8 Lug Expert
Reaction score
Yeah i found that out... i was hoping there was another way but there is not...

volunteerff21

8 Lug Hoarder
Reaction score
Yeah i found that out... i was hoping there was another way but there is not...

I've heard of people shaving down the 800 centers to make them work with the 400 caps. But I can't 100% verify how to do it or point you in the direction of someone who did. I think Great White had some info on it in his build thread. But I think he's off the forum now so not sure if he'd be able to help you out or not.

JScott23

8 Lug Expert
Reaction score
I've heard of people shaving down the 800 centers to make them work with the 400 caps. But I can't 100% verify how to do it or point you in the direction of someone who did. I think Great White had some info on it in his build thread. But I think he's off the forum now so not sure if he'd be able to help you out or not.

Yeah i'd imagine you'd have to have a table sander to keep the sanding level.... oh well i'm out less than $30 for the GMT800 lug nut covers... oh well. I'm cheating only putting 4 per wheel :)

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
Got the wiring done and the truss installed. Man, it's heavy. I still feel weird towing with an extension.

You must be registered for see images attach

And where it ended up relative the camper....

GTAwheelman

Reaction score
I was wondering how you were going to tow with that camper in there. How much are you able to tow with that?

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
Cool!

Any pics of how the front tie downs mount to the frame? Pretty straight forward install?
The camper tie-down install was pretty simple, rears bolt right to the superhitch, fronts required a bit of drilling but not bad.

I was wondering how you were going to tow with that camper in there. How much are you able to tow with that?
Quite a bit!

Dead weight: 600 tongue / 6,000 load
Weight dist: 1,200 tongue / 12,000 load