88 regular cab short bed, bagged 22 s .... Gonna need a lot of help probably

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CodyB

Grease Monkey
Reaction score
Are those the Boss 304's on the bagged truck or something else?

TLMduramax

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
well its been a little while since ive said anything about the truck, its getting closer to the ground just not laying frame yet, but im also not on drop spindles yet, and im on everything stock in the front til i make some money and buy some DHP control arms. Is it possible for me to lay out on 22s, 265/35s and stock everything in the front once i get all my noctching and crap done in the front?, im about 3 inches from the ground on the right side right now and aint started cutting the drivers side yet.

TLMduramax

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have been thinking over the last couple days, should i raise my entire bed floor or just do a notch?? tell me what yall did and whats involved with each and whcih one you like the looks of better and the funtionality of each.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
My truck has a raised stock floor, I am not going to say it's easy, but it looks great, it involves cutting the front and back, and drilling out hundreds of spot welds, and lot's more!

CodyB

Grease Monkey
Reaction score
Stock floor is worth the effort in my opinion. I say this, but I have not done it myself. You get to retain functionality of a whole bed and hide your tanks/compressors too. Its really hard to steal what you cant get to...

But, I would have a bolt-in plate or some way of getting to the top of the bag for when you blow a line out and have to air up a bag with a schrader valve from a gas station air pump to limp home.

If the truck is going to be a show truck, the Id just cleanly cut the bed up like you were gonna notch it and paint all your bars and frame to show it off.

TLMduramax

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
alright thanks for the advice yall, im gonna be making this decision very soon, i like the idea of hiding everything but not of doing all the work, but it aint really gonna matter much cuz ive been working on the truck on and off for the past five years :/

CodyB

Grease Monkey
Reaction score
I know the feeling... Especially about the on and off part too... Im pretty sure we all do though.

TLMduramax

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
haha yea and to set my process back even further, i decided to pull the engine out tonight and put a cam in it and just go thru it.....so there goes more money thrown at it and no control arms, oh well i will like it when im done though! lol

CodyB

Grease Monkey
Reaction score
Too bad I wasnt there, I coulda done it with the engine still sitting in the truck, I just did the timing cover seals and gaskets on my vortec last night, and it took me about 6 hours with a lot of goofing around and generally acting lazy, I was an intake gasket away from having a cam swap done to this engine... I gotta love the factory roller cam and lifters though.