88 GMC Trail/DD Rig

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

88GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well, went to Rausch Creek on Saturday for some wheeling. Truck did great. Ill see if I can upload my GoPro footage for you guys.

Steering was sloppy after Rausch so I did the XJ shaft swap. Took all of 10 min and so far night and day difference between the XJ shaft and the stock rag joint. Highly recommend to anyone that hasn’t already done it.
You must be registered for see images

88GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Having more fun than progress. Wheeled the past 4 weekends straight. A couple mud bogs and a couple trail runs. One bog was a Hill n Hole style pit with a jump in the center. I got some air, landed hard and have some new body damage. Other than that she's been doing awesome.

Post bog #1
You must be registered for see images attach

What happens when your fender and tire try to occupy the same spot...

Some progress that has happened. I drove 6 hrs and picked up 5 H2 rims for $65 a pop! After fuel it ended up $81 a piece. Win!

88GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yea after I finish my tons I'll be 8 life. The fenders are going to get reworked anyways for 40s.

88GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yea cut and rewelded. They are cut already. I cut 2" off the back of the fronts already and then added metal. I don't like the cut look or flares but splice together 2 fenders and take your time and it looks factory.

Last edited: